Harper Street Municipal Garage Work Timeline
The top level of the W. Harper Avenue Garage (entrance on W. Harper Avenue) will be closed from approximately June 25 until August 5. The lower and two middle levels will remain open. This work is for repairs, to provide a pedestrian entrance to Broadway Avenue from the middle level, and weather seal the top level.
Municipal Parking Garage (near Barley’s) Work Timeline
The Municipal Parking Garage work is a complex structural repair and enhancement project that will impact the inside and the outside perimeter of the garage – including some street closures.
Beginning July 5, 2018
- Traffic will be reduced to two lanes on W. Church Avenue at the parking garage for approximately two weeks to accommodate demolition and excavation.
- The Church Avenue entrance to the garage will remain open during this time.
- Traffic will be reduced to two lanes on Cusick Street between Broadway and W. Church Avenue to accommodate excavation. This traffic pattern will remain in place into August.
- A four-way stop will be in place at W. Church Avenue and Cusick Street for the duration of the garage project.
- The top level of the municipal garage will be closed for approximately three months (through mid-October).
- Broadway Avenue will remain two-way traffic, but will be reduced by one lane to accommodate excavation on W. Broadway Ave. Flagged traffic will be required.
- Broadway Avenue will be reduced to one lane for west-bound traffic only for approximately eight weeks. East-bound traffic will be detoured at Cates Street to Church Avenue. Motorists can also use Harper Avenue as an alternative route.
- Most of the lower two levels will be closed with the exception of a section of parking at the W. Church Avenue level. The second level is estimated to remain closed for up to six weeks. The lowest level should be closed for two weeks.
The contractor expects the entire project to be mostly complete by the end of the year, but it is highly weather-dependent. The contracted time frame is to have the majority complete in March 2019. The remaining work will be to resurface the garage in late spring when weather conditions are optimal and will be complete by the end of May 2019. An alternative parking map which shows the municipal parking lots in the downtown area is available on the City’s website at maryvillegov.com. Directional signs will also be installed to help point motorists to available parking lots.
For more information, contact Engineering and Public Works (865) 273-3500.