On Monday, May 9, contractors will move to the next phase of work along Cusick Street.
Traffic will shift to perform demolition work on the sidewalk near Bill Cox Furniture.
Cusick Street will remain open to traffic in both directions however for a few hours on Monday morning, Cusick will be closed to stage equipment. Motorists in the downtown area should expect delays and consider another route.
The Harper Avenue closure, scheduled to begin Monday morning at 8, has been delayed until 1 p.m. to help ease congestion.
Monday May 9
• 8 a.m. - Cusick Street will be closed to all traffic until approximately 11 a.m.
• 1 p.m. - Harper Ave. will be closed to thru traffic until 3 p.m.
Tuesday May 9 - Friday May 13
• Harper Ave. will be closed to thru traffic from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
For more information call the Engineering and Public Works Department at 865-273-3303.
The City of Maryville Engineering and Public Works Department reports that the final stages of improvements to several downtown streets, ramps, and sidewalks are underway.
The following is a comprehensive list of the work in progress in the downtown area. This phase of the project is estimated to be complete by May 18, 2022.
- New, accessible sidewalks replaced along Cusick Street (Contractors)
- Remove and reconstruct deteriorated catch basins in several intersections (City EPW Employees)
- New, accessible curb ramps constructed at pedestrian walkways at intersections. (City EPW Employees)
- Repair or replace Deteriorated brick crosswalks (City EPW Employees)
- Related utility adjustments (City EPW Employees)
After this work is done, several streets will be resurfaced - including Harper Avenue from Cates Street to Everett Avenue. Other streets in the downtown area slated to be resurfaced are
- Cusick Street
- McCammon Avenue
- N. Court Street
- Patton Alley
- New Street
- Tennessee Street
- East Street
- Parham Street
- Church Street Connector.
As this project continues, we will communicate any delays or changes that may occur as we become aware of them. For more information call the Engineering and Public Works Department at 865-273-3303.