City of Maryville Police will escort the Jaycees annual Christmas Parade downtown on Saturday, December 12. In order to accommodate staging of the parade, the following will be closed beginning at 8 a.m.
- E. Harper Ave from E. Church to Washington Street
- E. Church Ave/ Sevierville Road from College Street to Washington Street
- E. Church Ave from E. Harper to E. Church/ Sevierville Rd.
Beginning at 10:30 a.m.,
- Broadway Avenue will be closed from Washington Street to U.S. 321.
- Traffic will be detoured to Harper Avenue.
The parade will begin approximately 11 a.m.
As the parade approaches the intersection of Broadway and U.S. 321,
- The intersection at Broadway and U.S. 321 will be closed
- Traffic will be detoured through Broadway and Houston.
Roads will be reopened when possible as the parade finishes passing through the areas.
Since the route is shorter this year, the city of Maryville municipal building will be available to families to park and view the parade. The City encourages spectators to ensure appropriate distance between families to ensure their safety and well being.
For information about the traffic plan, contact the city of Maryville at 865-273-3401.
For more information about the parade, please contact the Blount County Jaycees at 865-229-6258. Or visit their Facebook page.