The GIS Technician performs intermediate technical work assisting with the maintenance of an Enterprise GIS database that supports the day-to-day mission of the City of Maryville Public Utilities.
- Uses GPS equipment, hardware, and software to collect data related to geographic systems information (GIS) and mapping; documents procedures for collection of mapping information.
- Conducts research of records such as deeds, plats, construction plans, drawings, survey notes, and permits to assist in maintaining accurate and updated digital maps and information.
- Configures and maintains desktop and web-based GIS applications; maintains metadata catalogue describing sources and attributes of GIS data; performs data entry and utilizes various equipment to digitize, scan, and convert relevant documents, information and sources into database.
- Work with Water & Sewer and Electric Departmentsto maintain, and refine GIS data layers, procedures, and applications, and provides GIS training as necessary.
- Prepares custom maps, tables, reports, and other deliverables as requested
We offer: Excellent benefit package includes health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement pension with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, Section 457 plan, Roth IRA, and 24-hour access to onsite fully equipped fitness center.
A City of Maryville employment application is required for consideration. An electronic application is available on our website, www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.
Deadline to Apply: The position is open until filled.