Performs difficult skilled technical work managing the City’s stormwater infrastructure, ensuring compliance with MS4 Permit requirements, conducting plan reviews for compliance with applicable ordinances and regulations, preparing and maintaining files and records, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the City Engineer. Continuous supervision is exercised over the Civil Engineer and Utility Construction Inspector.
- Manages Stormwater special revenue fund budget.
- Plans and executes capital improvement projects.
- Maintains compliance with State of Tennessee National Pollution Discharge Elimination Systems Permit.
- Inspects construction job sites for compliance with ordinances and policies.
- Maintains database of stormwater related activities (e.g. inspections, citizen complaints, illicit discharges, etc.).
- Inspects and monitors construction services and activities.
- Reviews plats for compliance with stormwater regulations.
- Receives and responds to stormwater and drainage complaints.
- Creates and modifies ordinances, policy manuals and codes for compliance with the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) State permit.
- Interfaces with State and Federal Regulatory officials with regards to the City's MS4 Permit and compliance of developers and engineers with permits required to work.
Deadline to Apply: 5 p.m. August 18, 2022.
We offer: An excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement pension with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, Section 457 plan, Roth IRA, and 24-hour access to our onsite fully equipped fitness center.
A City of Maryville employment application is required for consideration. An electronic application is available on our website, www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.