Performs intermediate skilled technical work repairing and maintaining traffic control devices, and related infrastructure affecting safe traffic flow, preparing and maintaining records and files, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Traffic Operations Manager.
- Maintains and performs upgrades to traffic signal installations in Maryville and Alcoa.
- Ships, receives, makes repairs and maintains inventory of traffic signal and school zone equipment.
- Manages, codes, and maintains school zone hazard beacon locations in Maryville and Alcoa.
- Conducts intersection traffic counts for timing purposes.
- Analyzes, creates and modifies traffic signal timing plans.
- Tests and certifies the calibration of traffic signal Conflict Monitor Units.
- Inspects and oversees contractor installations of new traffic signals in Maryville and Alcoa.
Deadline to Apply: 5 p.m. July 29, 2022.
We offer: An excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement pension with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, Section 457 plan, Roth IRA, and 24-hour access to onsite fully equipped fitness center.
A City of Maryville employment application is required for consideration. An electronic application is available on our website, www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.