Utility Plant Mechanics repair and maintain machinery and equipment in the City of Maryville Water Filtration Plant, Wastewater Treatment Plant, and stations throughout the system. Utility Plant Mechanics work four (4) ten-hour shifts and rotate on-call status.
- Performs repairs on pump motors and related equipment used for water or wastewater treatment lift stations, wells, storage tanks, etc.
- Uses hand, bench and machine tools in the repair and maintenance of pumps, valves and other plant machinery.
- Checks and performs maintenance and repairs on pump stations.
- Adjusts, replaces and repairs bearings, shafts, sleeves and other parts.
- Makes periodic inspections of equipment to ensure that equipment is functioning properly.
- Monitors operation of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System; repairs and/or replaces electrical services and related components.
- Performs various carpentry tasks in connection with maintenance tasks.
- Performs manual cleaning and preventive maintenance duties as assigned; performs routine building and grounds maintenance.
- Lubricates and changes oil in equipment and motors.
- Designs and fabricates parts for various types of equipment.
- Performs various welding tasks in connection with repair activities.
- Ability to serve after-hours standby.
Deadline to Apply: 5 p.m. September 9, 2022.
We offer: An excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement pension with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, Section 457 plan, Roth IRA, and 24-hour access to our onsite fully equipped fitness center.
A City of Maryville employment application is required for consideration. An electronic application is available on our website, www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.