- Performs repairs on pump motors and related equipment used for water or wastewater treatment lift stations, wells, storage tanks, etc.
- Uses hand, bench and machine tools in the repair and maintenance of pumps, valves and other plant machinery.
- Checks and performs maintenance and repairs on pump stations.
- Adjusts, replaces and repairs bearings, shafts, sleeves and other parts.
- Makes periodic inspections of equipment to ensure that equipment is functioning properly.
- Monitors operation of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System; repairs and/or replaces electrical services and related components.
- Performs various carpentry tasks in connection with maintenance tasks.
- Performs manual cleaning and preventive maintenance duties as assigned; performs routine building and grounds maintenance.
- Lubricates and changes oil in equipment and motors.
- Designs and fabricates parts for various types of equipment.
- Performs various welding tasks in connection with repair activities.
- Ability to serve after-hours standby.
This position is open until filled.
For more information and to apply, visit the Jobs page on our website: https://www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.html