- Receives incoming calls; provides information; forwards calls and directs visitors to appropriate party; assists staff with the completion of standardized records or documents.
- Enters a variety of data into computer; verifies statistical and other records for accuracy and completeness; enters and retrieves sensitive and restricted information into computer system; assists with budget preparation.
- Types a variety of documents including correspondence, forms, reports, purchase orders, requisitions, meeting minutes, agendas and related documents, etc. where a knowledge of format and presentation is necessary; answers routine correspondence independently.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation of periodic, special and other reports; collects information from a variety of sources and compiles data.
- Sorts, indexes and maintains various files and records.
- Makes and maintains schedules; maintains calendars; schedules facility use; handles conference and event registrations and reservations.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of office files, accounts and other records; prepares statistical and financial reports; assists with processing budget information.
- Enters work orders and logs information into a variety of spreadsheets.
- Prepares and disseminates committee packets and supporting data; notifies media of meetings as required.
- Receives, sorts, processes and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; assists with large mailings.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment; performs minor and preventive maintenance on equipment and requests service when equipment is malfunctioning.
- Performs specialized departmental tasks and duties as assigned.
We offer: An excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement pension with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, Section 457 plan, Roth IRA, and 24-hour access to our onsite fully equipped fitness center.
A City of Maryville employment application is required for consideration. An electronic application is available on our website, www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.