- Reviews site and road project plans for conflicts and electrical requirements; communicates orally and in writing with customers, consultants, developers, engineers, and planners.
- Develops and assigns plans to modify or extend electric distribution system for project or customer needs.
- Inspects, analyzes, develops, and assigns plans to modify, maintain, and upgrade the electric distribution system; calculates loads on distribution system; maintains proper wire size and engineering practices per codes.
- Assists with coordination of fieldwork with electric crews, job contractors, engineers and developers; assists with system analysis and dispatching during widespread outages or other emergencies.
- Manages outdoor lighting including security and streetlights.
- Assists with substation maintenance.
- Procures distribution transformers, tracks upcoming requirements, and maintains transformer inventory.
- Utilizes, updates, and corrects data within various utility-related software in conjunction with system changes.
- Serves customers and other City departments by addressing questions regarding facilities, service availability, job status, and power quality issues; provides cost estimates for provision of electric service or for facility relocation.
Deadline to Apply: 5 p.m. September 16, 2022.
We offer: An excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement pension with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, Section 457 plan, Roth IRA, and 24-hour access to our onsite fully equipped fitness center.
A City of Maryville employment application is required for consideration. An electronic application is available on our website, www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.