The Wastewater Plant Technician / Operator performs intermediate technical work in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant, taking samples, reading gauges and charts, performing routine tests, assisting to ensure proper plant operation, and maintaining records and files.
- Maintains and operates a wastewater treatment plant; records readings from instruments; maintains records on plant operations; monitors levels and flows and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Assists with the maintenance and repair of plant equipment.
- Collects samples; performs laboratory tests in the absence of the Laboratory Technician.
- Handles chemicals and calculates correct dosage.
- Performs general custodial and grounds maintenance work.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement pension with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, Section 457 plan, Roth IRA, and 24-hour access to an onsite, fully equipped fitness center.
For more information and to apply visit our website at: https://www.maryvillegov.com/jobs.html