Municipal Building (400 W. Broadway Ave) Public Access
- The front entrance will be open to the public as of June 1. The back entrance of the building will remain closed.
- Development Services entrances will be locked permanently. If citizens want to see staff members, they are encouraged to come in the front of the building on Broadway. Visitors should take the elevators to the lower level and the Development Services entrance (inside the building) where access will be granted. Applications, permits, plans, and other information will continue to be dropped off in the vestibule (of the outside entrance to Development Services on the Gary Hensley Dr. side of the building) if there is no need to see staff.
- Customers can use the white drop box located at the flagpole end of the driveway in the front of the building to deposit payments.
- Customer Service representatives will be available to help customers who have delinquent accounts in order to work with them on a payment plan.
- Please collect the proper forms you will need to present to Customer Service in order to complete your business. These forms will be available on the desk just inside the front doors. There is a table provided for filling out paperwork near the back of the vestibule. Please practice social distancing while in the Municipal Building. We ask that a maximum of 3 people should be in the Customer Service area at a time.
- Employment applications will be available here. Email, fax, drop in the drop box outside the building or mail according the instructions on our website.
- For in-person business with the City, individuals should call and request an in-person meeting. Phone and email correspondence is best.
- Municipal Court is cancelled until June 9.
- A phone will be available at the main desk to reach departments for assistance; however, we recommend using your own mobile phone to call.
The City Council Meetings will be open to the public in the Council Chambers. Social distancing and temperature scanning will be implemented.
Operation Center (332 Home Avenue) Public Access Restricted
Drop-offs and pickups can be made at the front office vestibule. Appointments will be required for any other business.
The shelter will remain open for public adoptions but a limit of two visitors will be allowed inside the building at one time.
In order to assist citizens with their sanitation and cleaning needs, we will continue to operate recycling centers as long as our staffing levels allow.
City Managed Park Facilities
- Reservations for gatherings of 50 or less in the Pavilion or Amphitheater at Jack Green Park will again be available on June 1. Call 865-273-3407 to make your reservations.
- No public gathering in City-managed facilities of more than 50 people is allowed.
Parks and Rec Managed Park Facilities
- Playgrounds and basketball courts remain closed. Signs are posted with closure information.
- Tennis courts and Pickleball courts are open
- The John Sevier Pool plans to open Friday, June 5
- Greenway space and other public space will remain open.
Visit the CDC website for protecting yourself and others to learn more about preventing the spread of COVID-19.
City Manager Greg McClain stated, “We want to assure our citizens and customers that we will continue delivering the services they rely on. These measures are to help ensure the health and well-being of our community and our staff".
Visit our website for more information about services, contact information, and our current procedures and COVID-19 related updates. We have established this page for intergovernmental resources and information.