• Performs a variety of tasks in the maintenance of the City property, highways, and rights-of-way.
• Operates various vehicles and equipment including dump truck with leaf loader, commercial mowers, tractors, bush hogs, backhoe, bobcat, bucket truck, boom tractor, garbage truck, snowplow, etc.
• Cuts and trims trees throughout parks and roadways.
• Maintains parks.
• Performs equipment maintenance on mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, etc.
• Handles maintenance work on water fountains, water lines, irrigation, toilets, and various buildings throughout the city.
• Maintains flower beds.
• Clears walkways and trails of leaves, debris, etc.; performs ice and snow removal from sidewalks.
• Sets up, works, tears down and cleans up during City sponsored special events including trash removal, trail closures, temporary fence construction, temporary floor and lighting, crowd control, road closures, etc.
• Sets up work zones, construction zones, and safety zones, on highways, rights-of-way, parks, alley ways, and City streets including flagging traffic and lane closures.
• Serves as temporary crew leader during leaf collection season; oversees temporary workers.
Read more about the position and find our application on the website!